In a response to Ana Amalina from myflairaffair, here are my takes on the post for Makeup tag. You can sense what kind of a makeup junkie I am from my answers below. I prefer a clean, glowly makeup with no fuss.
- Do you remember your first makeup item?
My first makeup item was an Arabic Kohl Kajal that my grandma gave it to me, when she return from Hajj – Pilgrimage. I was four back then.
- Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
Perfect? Cosmetic will constantly evolve. Currently, I am in love They’re Real! By Benefit. Gave me the length and volume at the same time. Double combo!
- What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundations?
Glowly, medium coverage.
- Favorite high-end brand?
Estee Lauder cosmetics.
- What cosmetic brand have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
- Favorite drugstore brand?
Revlon. Their Colourstay foundation is worth the try. Oh wait, Rimmel is awesome too!
- Do you wear fake eyelashes?
No. I have a hard time applying one.
- Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Does lip balm counts? Nuxe’s Reve de Miel Baume Levres
- What is your most cherished beauty product?
My NARS Sheer Glow liquid Foundation. I’ll cry if I run out of one!
- How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up one item at a time here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
I usually would shop every 2-3 months. Due to the wedding plans, I have to halt in shopping for cosmetics unless I am running out of one. I would pick one item at a time else my fiancé would gave me that “Seriously?” look.
- Do you have a “beauty budget” or spend freely?
I always planned out my budget, as I tend to forget my motive of purchase when I stepped into a beauty department.
- Do you utilize coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Are you kidding with me? Everyone loves sales.
- What type of products do you purchase the most?
- Is there any brand you absolutely can’t stand?
Can’t specify which, but a cheap brand that doesn’t do much at all. But comes with a huge pimple payoff on the next day!
- Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
I’m currently avoid parabens/sulfates on my shampoo and conditioner. But I’m not a hippie convert yet.
- Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
SEPHORA! Well, it’s because they allow shoppers to test the products before purchase and the sales associates won’t hard sell to you.
- Do you like trying new skin care products or of you keep a certain routine?
I always keep my routine. Once it works on me, I am a loyal fan.
- Favourite bath and body brand?
- If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
- What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Charlotte Tilbury. Very classy and expensive looking, it’s just.. look beautiful on your vanity.
- Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Lily Collins, Julianne Moore, the red hair goddess and Emma Stone. They always keep it real.
- Do you belong to any makeup communities?
- Favorite beauty gurus?
I have a huge list. These are on top of my head in random order. The Pixi Woo sisters, Tati Westbrook, Amelia Liana, Claire Marshall, the celebrity makeup artist – Lisa Eldridge, and my beauty guru crush – Wayne Goss. I can go on if you want..
- Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
Yes, great for travelling.
- Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Yes, especially when I am in a rush. Therefore, I chose to keep it simple on my “I am late” moments.
- Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes, I use NYX HD eye shadow base.
- How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
- What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Foundation. I make sure I get my base even so I won’t have to use much concealer.
- Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Depends. I’ll attend one in order to improve my techniques. Makeup techniques holds many secrets and you can improvise to your preferences.
- What do you love about makeup?
Anyone can apply makeup to hide imperfections and enhance their best features.
“No amount of makeup can mask an ugly heart“– Kevin Aucoin.